*

*
*

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

FECKLESS FEAR

"Autumn is the season of change."
~ Taoist Proverb ~

I love the fall and am aware of a self-centered fear in myself that it won't come! Or that it won't come the way I want it to and feel like I need it to... And I'm also aware that this is an annual pattern in me. I get all locked up in catastrophic all-or-nothing thinking- that it will never cool off and that this year is the year the leaves will just dry up and fall off and won't display any of their glorious autumn splendor.
     It's simple fear that something I want to happen isn't going to happen, and I try to avoid my disappointment in advance by fretting over it. What insanity!
     I wonder if anyone out there can relate?

I choose to be fearless. 
I let go and trust in the raw energy of life.