*

*
*

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

ADORNED WITH GRACE

"We, the compound of Sovereign, Soul, and Sediment!"
~ James Lendall Basford ~

I have come to realize that a clean slate for The New Year is not necessarily a realistic possibility. I must carry my loss and pain with me, not as a weight or a burden, but as a gift. I have been blessed by the experiences of my past, and cannot be free of them as if they had never happened. They did happen. And, while they need not dictate or disable my forward momentum, they do have their place in my heart, and in my soul. They have become a part of me. We have become one, and I go forward larger and more compassionate for all I have been through, and not in any way handicapped by it, or victimized, but grown in depth, and wisdom, and life experience, and the ability to unconditionally love.

The past bejewels my spirit, and gives me sparkle and verve.