*

*
*

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

OVERWHELM

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot, hang on, and swing."
~  Leo Buscaglia ~

The definition of the word, "overwhelm" is 
To bury or drown beneath a huge mass, or
Defeat completely. 
We often use that word in today's vernacular which makes me wonder... 
Why are we drowning? Why so defeated?
Is it expectations we have of ourselves or others that can't be met?
Too much to do and too little time in which to do it? 
Is it a mindset? An attitude that can be shifted?
Or some kind of general malaise related to feelings of powerlessness?
I challenge us to consider the question,
And determine for ourselves if the state of overwhelm is a choice we somehow inadvertently make,
Or an absolute truth that is locked fast.

I give myself permission to stop and make adjustments if I can't breathe.