*

*
*

Thursday, June 10, 2021

CUSTOMER SERVICE

"Humor is the good natured side of a truth."
~ Mark Twain ~ 

A while ago, I booked a flight to Los Angeles to see my son, Nick,
On an airline I have found to be pleasant and reliable.
Last week, I received an email from them telling me that my return flight has been changed
And now,
Instead of getting in at 4pm I will be getting in at midnight,
Which is not the end of the world, but not exactly convenient,
And I still have a fair bit of time before the trip so I called today to talk to someone.
When I asked the computer voice if I could please speak to an agent,
I was transferred to another computer voice that let me know I was in the cue,
and very pleasantly mentioned that the wait time would be approximately
Six hours and eight minutes.
I hung up the phone and burst out laughing.
What else is there to do at that point?

When life is preposterous, which it often is, I can be amused by it.
I don't have to let it twist me into knots. 


*NOTE*
If you want to receive this blog in your email box after July 1st
You need to sign up