*

*
*

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

END OF AN ERA

OK..., here it is... the final blog on blog spot.
The first one was February 12th, 2011, and almost every weekday since then... 
It's been a long time.
And I'm going to let Walt Whitman close it down for me.
I discovered him in college and have always found his writing to be
Lyrical, and also inspiring, and pointing to TRUTH...  so...
Here's Walt:

"You are asking me questions and I hear you,
I answer that I cannot answer, you must find out for yourself.

Sit a while dear son,
Here are biscuits to eat and here is milk to drink,
But as soon as you sleep and renew yourself in sweet clothes, 
I kiss you with a goodbye kiss and open the gate for your egress hence.

Long enough have you dream'd contemptible dreams,
Now I wash the gum from your eyes,
You must habit yourself to the dazzle of the light and of every moment of your life.

Long have you timidly waded holding a plank by the shore,
Now I will you to be a bold swimmer,
To jump off in the midst of the sea, rise again, nod to me, shout, and
Laughingly dash with your hair."

That's all, folks!
PEACE OUT.


Sign up HERE to get the blog in the new way...