*

*
*

Sunday, May 29, 2011

THE FRESH AIR OF CHANGE

     I love fresh starts. There is so much hope and possibility. Change appears on the horizon like a thunderous storm, flashing trepidation and drenching us with worry, but then, the storm passes and leaves clear air. The old and tired, the muggy and thick, the cobwebs, the fear is all gone. Life is new, and crisp.
     Because of our fear of the future, we often fail to make a change, choosing instead to stick with what we know, even if it's not working for us. But there is reward in stepping forth with courage. There is renewal and revival. It's worth it. Absolutely.
     Even small changes can add vitality to my day and my life; driving an adventurous route through an unknown part of town, ordering something new when eating out, dressing with inspired style, signing up for a workshop, starting to exercise, taking a risk. I am going to invite the new into my life today and enjoy the curious wonder that comes from a fresh way of going about things.

I welcome change into my life, and trust that on the other side of what I fear is fresh air and vitality of spirit.