*

*
*

Thursday, February 23, 2012

WE ARE WHAT WE WEAR

     A friend of mine has a pair of red cowboy boots, and when she wears them, they give her power. She told me so, and I believe her and understand. The way we dress ourselves sets a mood. We can be shlumpy and weak in what we wear, or we can command respect. We can wear what's old, baggy, ratty, or torn; what's stained, patched, tie-dyed, frilly or hip. We can dress to impress, dress to seduce, or dress to kill. We can wear what's fitted and crisp, what's fashionable, what's becoming, what's bright, or dark, or plain, or patterned.
     But whatever we wear, we set a tone. We tell the world something about ourselves. There is power in what we wear, or lack of power. It's up to us. Let's wear what makes us feel best. Let's wear the clothes that authentically represent our desired state of mind and body. If it's red cowboy boots, let's break them out. Let's not be afraid to express ourselves in cloth and color and texture and design. Let's have fun with it. Let's adorn ourselves with joy!

I think twice before slobbing around town in the same old sweatshirt. I make an effort to look my best so I can feel my best.