*

*
*

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

DRENCHED

     I made the decision to drive to work in the snow yesterday. It took me two plus hours, and at one point, I had to pull to the side of the road to fix my windshield wipers. While there, a passing truck drenched me with road spray. Salty slush saturated my shoes, socks, pants- the whole back side of me. Slamming myself back into the car, I felt a sense of righteous injustice and poor me and why did I bother and how stupid I was to make the drive in the first place-
     And yet, there was not a thing I could do about any of it. I was stuck in traffic, stuck with the weather, closer to work than to home, and sopping wet. Those were the facts. I resisted the urge to fall apart, and gathered my wits about me. At work I put my clothes in the sauna for as long as I could- they got partially dry- and then I carried on. The day unfolded, the way it always does, with its mix of blessings and challenge, and at the end of it, I had a new story to tell.

Everything that happens is a positive opportunity of some kind if I look at it the right way.