*

*
*

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

TO SEE

     Sight is a great blessing: to be able to see! I am aesthetic by nature and viscerally aware of colors and visual textures. Rural landscapes inspire me as do urban angles and the juxtaposed planes and valleys of the human face. I see eyes, hair, structures, peeling paint, cardinals, dogs, pink tulips, smiles, steam, children, blooming trees, and lines of mountains. I see tomatoes, bananas, movement, and the ever changing sky.
     There is an endless list of beautiful sights and an inexhaustable opportunity every day to appreciate all of them. They are right in front of me. I only have to look. And there's inner sight as well, which is the ability to understand. If seeing is understanding, then what I can understand today by simply looking at the sights around me is that life is filled with fascinating variety, soul inspiring vistas, and absolute beauty in the strangest of places.

I will look around me today and appreciate all that I see.