*

*
*

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

MAGNETS

     Life is magnetic. We are drawn to certain things and people and places, and repulsed from others. I can't help but think that what we are drawn to has a meaning, or a lesson, or a gift for us, and that if we discount the pull, we miss out. I believe we are meant to explore things- sometimes shallowly and sometimes deeply; and that our exploration often takes courage that we are hard-pressed to muster. It seems easier to say that the grapes are sour before we have even spotted the vine.
     But what's our point in being here anyway- in being alive? Is it about safety? Is it about maintaining the status quo? Or is it about trying things and following leads and having the faith to take a risk- and then trusting ourselves enough to know when it's time to turn home?

I trust myself to explore the things I am drawn to, and then to make good decisions as I follow the path.