*

*
*

Thursday, October 17, 2013

TRUTH BE TOLD

"The only way to make a man trustworthy is to trust him."
~Henry L. Stimson~

     I think it's possible to overload the people in our lives with too much attention, with too much texting and calling and checking up- even with too much adoration. Such over-attentiveness suffocates people and makes them feel less inclined to interact with us than they might be otherwise. They begin to see us as annoying and demanding, and indeed, we can become that way. We pursue them and they run away, so we pursue with more intensity and then they run faster.
     If we want them to come to us, the thing to do is to let them be. Our trust and our silence is much more interesting than our heady pursuit, and much more loving as well if the truth be told.

I stop pestering the people I love and let them be. My trusting them is far better for all of us than my constant demanding attention.