*

*
*

Thursday, October 3, 2013

WAKE UP CALL

I regret less the road not taken than my all-fired hurry along the road I took.
~Robert Brault~   

  I seem to get a thrill out of seeing how far I can go. I expect more of myself than I would ever think to ask of anyone else. I understand what it is to rally, and then to rally again- as many times as it takes. I survive things at least as often as I enjoy them, as if I could earn a badge. I seem to be on a constant mission to prove myself to myself.
     But I don't have to, and I don't really want to, and I'm not sure why I feel compelled to nonetheless. Let this be my wake-up call. It's time to stop going after the day as if I can somehow win it. It's time to slow down and accept reasonable limitations. It's time to enjoy the journey and relax into the ride. 

I take the pressure off of myself and stop pushing beyond reason as if I have something to prove.