*

*
*

Friday, February 28, 2014

ACCEPTANCE

"Acceptance is the answer to all of my problems."
~Bill Wilson~
 
I don't always anticipate things with pleasure. In fact, more frequently than I care to admit, I am filled with a certain amount of dread and negativity. I feel sure that I will be wrecked by whatever is coming and be unable to survive. I resist what I have no real power to stop, and I suffer for my resistance.
     Sometimes I need a bit of grace to make the shift into acceptance, but once I get there all is well again. And I get through whatever I have to get through, the way I always have, one little bit at a time. And sometimes, most of the time in fact, I even experience some unexpected happiness along the way.

If I can recognize my resistance to things and find a way to let be whatever is, then I can experience peace within.