*

*
*

Sunday, April 29, 2018

SURPRISING GOODNESS

"My socks may not match, but my feet are always warm."
~ Maureen McCullough ~

Blessings in life often show up in unusual and unexpected ways. We got stuck with a broken down truck in Clovis, New Mexico and I found the most delightful wild flowers on a walk behind the garage. Eighteen months ago, my husband had a total spinal reconstruction that was terrifying to anticipate, and challenging to recover from, and it ended up giving him a whole new lease on life. My father died suddenly and our long relationship of mis-communication and negative judgment is now filled with peace and love and forgiveness.
     All this and more is evidence that we can trust the process, however disconcerting it may seem or discombobulated it may look in the moment. In my experience at least, there are always blessings, always valuable lessons, and always angels who appear.

I pay attention to raining blessings, even when I least expect them.