*

*
*

Saturday, January 28, 2012

THE POWER WITHIN

     In some way our strength and endurance has less to do with the power of our will and our muscles, and more to do with our ability to gather and engage the primal energy inside us. It is an internal drawing up of breath and focus of intention. It is determined and unstoppable. It builds and strengthens as it moves, like a plow, and does not give out.
     While brute force is combative and striking, it is limited. It's like a hard slap. It does not have the staying power of our gathered-up inner strength. And yet, we spend most of our time using just this force; trying to push at things. We slap at life. We are unsure how to make good use of the unlimited supply of power within us. We "try" weakly at things and fail. We whimper and make excuses. We are full of "I can't" and "it's too hard," but we can, and it isn't! We are powerful beyond our wildest dreams!
     Let's engage our power when we need it. Let's gather breath and build it inside of us like fire. It starts low, like a soft and steady drumbeat, and builds, and builds and builds: louder, stronger, louder, stronger. Let's amp up and explode it forth. It's possible and it's fun... to experience even an inkling of the strength that we store in our depths. It's available to us always, and as close as our very breath.

I play with the power of my breath. I gather its energy within me and experience the tremendous rise and rush of my intention as I bring it forth. It gives me a glimmer of what's possible, and I remain open to all possibility.