*

*
*

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

BEING DRAMATIC

"A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming."
~Jane Fonda ~

If our lives are overly dramatic, I think we need to consider that fact and ask ourselves why? For my part, I used to be somewhat of a drama-junkie. I knew no other way than to react with fear and urgency to every unforeseen situation that presented itself before me. Everything was a big deal and I conducted myself in a constant state of frenzy. Having a drink was the one thing that allowed me to relax and decompress.
     But now, I don't have to drink the way I did then, because now, I live my life differently. I am thoughtful in my decision-making and aware of my behavior and its implications. I am much less reactive than I used to be because now I am aware that what I do with what happens to me is ever and always and absolutely my choice.

I stop stirring up drama in my life and choose to be responsible instead of reactive.