*

*
*

Thursday, January 30, 2014

WHEN LIFE IS CALM

"We pray in our distress and in our need; would that we might pray also in the fullness of our joy and in our days of abundance." 
~ Kahili Gibran ~
 
I take notice of my life when things are calm and balanced; when there is a state of equilibrium and steady goodness. I deeply appreciate these times and express my gratitude for them in awareness and enjoyment. I know that periods such as these always pass and that challenge will arise again like a summer storm and require all hands on deck.
     It is the nature of life to shift from calm to intensity, and I can find a way to appreciate them both, but today, my gratitude and praise is for the calm. It is sweet and reassuring and good.

Knowing that they do not last, I am grateful for the times in my life that are peaceful and calm.