*

*
*

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

INNER CONFLICT

"Fortunately analysis is not the only way to resolve inner conflicts. Life itself remains a very effective therapist."
~Karen Horney ~
 
I am conflicted within. A part of me wants to achieve great things and is driven to do so- driven deep from within as if by some force beyond my own understanding. And a part of me wants to not be driven, to be satisfied with things as they are and the simple pleasures of everyday life.
     On the one hand I want to see how far I can go and on the other I want to be content with exactly what I have and where I am. And perhaps these two things are not mutually exclusive. Perhaps they can both live peacefully inside me. Maybe it's not one or the other but both and...
    
I accept that there are conflicting desires within me and that it is not my job to make perfect sense of everything that I feel.