*

*
*

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

SAVOR THE FLAVOR

"Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor. I smile when I look back at the troubles that have strengthened me."
\~Truman Capote~
 
Depending what we choose to use as our examples, we can forward almost any point-of-view. We can make a case for the low, the high, the ugly, the beautiful, the organic, or the cheaply manufactured. We can make a case for anything because everything and its opposite exist side by side and all-together.
     But maybe, what appears unfortunate is not always unfortunate and vice versa. Good can come from bad and bad from good. So maybe, the thing to do is to stop making a case at all, one direction or the other, and to accept the mix of life as it is: rich, varied, and full of surprise.

I stop forcing my black and white thinking on the world and embrace the full flavor of my life.