*

*
*

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

PROTECTING WHAT MATTERS

"Personal protective equipment is self-defense."
~ Author Unknown ~

I confess that boundary setting has never been my strongest skill, and I have suffered for it. Historically a people-pleaser, even with my children, I have at times been afraid to say no and set limits- even while knowing that to set limits is the right thing. It's old, co-dependent behavior, and I readily fall back into it. I'm better than I used to be, but I still have a long way to go.
     I have worked hard to establish a life full of values that matter to me: productivity, personal responsibility, consideration, healthy habits, and self-reflection, and I am no longer willing to sacrifice these values at the drop of a hat, or the whim of another.
     In the world at large, I must live by the rules of the world, but within my own soul and the walls of my home, it is up to me to protect and defend what matters.

I courageously step up to maintain boundaries around all that I have established in my life.