*

*
*

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

CONDITION OF LIFE

"I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing."
~Agatha Christie~
 
It's an error on our parts to think that we should reach a place where we are completely pain free and be able to sustain it. Everything is variable. If we don't hurt in one way or one place, we will likely experience some aches and discomforts elsewhere. Aches and pains are part of the human condition. Sometimes they are barely noticeable and sometimes they pummel us insistently.
     Let's learn to take whatever we feel in stride, whether it's physical or emotional. Let's accept and befriend the conversation of our bodies and our minds.

I don't expect to live pain-free. I am ok with my suffering and take it in stride.