*

*
*

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

GETTING ALONG

"Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do."
~Benjamin Spock~
 
It's not possible to love everyone in the same way. We can be tolerant and compassionate, but we can't make ourselves like people who just rub us the wrong way. There's likely a reason for it, even if we can't quite put our finger on it. And I'm not at all sure that we are supposed to know why. Maybe the lesson is as simple as accepting that it simply is what it is.
     If my guard goes up every time I encounter certain individuals, I'm just going to trust that I have those feelings for some greater purpose, and that all is exactly as it should be.

I'm not supposed to get along with everyone. Some people I instantaneously relate to, and some I do not, and in both cases, it's ok.