*

*
*

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

THE WAY OTHERS BEHAVE

"Trust is letting go of needing to know all the details..."
~Author Unknown~
 
When people don't behave the way I think they should, it's easy- easier than I'd like to admit- for me to cop a resentment. I get righteous inside and take their behavior as a personal affront. How dare they behave in such a way?
     But who am I? And what do I know about anyone else or what motivates them or why they do what they do? Presumably they have their reasons. And to give myself some credit, much of the time, I am pretty quick to recognize my resentment and let it go.
     But when I have gone out of my way and made a special effort to accommodate someone and then  they don't follow through on their end to my satisfaction, I feel piqued, which serves no one and least of all me.
     I have to remember why I do things in the first place, and acknowledge that whatever I do, it is ever and always my choice.
 
I allow others to be who they are and let go of my expectations.