*

*
*

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

THE LIMITS OF ALL OR NOTHING

"When you reduce life to black and white you never see rainbows."
~Rachel Houston~
 
In the same way that a boat without a hand on the tiller will automatically  head into the wind, I automatically go to all or nothing thinking. I forget the good in the bad and the bad in the good and the mix of both that is the signature trademark of life. And I also forget, at such times, that the way I feel will change over and over in the course of a single day, and sometimes even in the course of a single hour.
     I resist the wind and end up facing it. I would do better to keep my hand on the tiller and watch the tell tales that show me the way it's moving, and then adjust the direction of my thoughts so that instead of battering me head on, the winds of life pass across my bow and carry me forth.
 
If I am observant instead of resistant, I can use everything to my advantage.