*

*
*

Friday, July 19, 2013

ACKNOWLEDGING OUR GIFTS


     Let's recognize our gifts and talents and celebrate them. Some of us are good listeners. Some of us are good at making people laugh. Some of us are here to inspire, some to make beautiful art, some to be mothers, some teachers, some perpetual students, and some hard to pin down.
    Some of us are athletes, some computer wizards, and some international travelers. Some of us take good notes, have steel-trap memories, unstoppable rhythm, an eye for style, and the ability to sleep soundly through the night. Some of us have a knack for finances, the best home-made pie, eyes that are compassionate, super-soft skin, and hands that heal.
     Whatever our gift and our contribution, it matters. We matter! Let's not belittle ourselves. Let's joyfully give what we have to give.

I am honest about the things I'm good at and the things I'm not so good at. I give what I can and leave it to others to give the rest.