*

*
*

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

THE ART OF ARTICULATION

     Let's consider the art of articulation and how we do personally in that realm. Do we keep the attention of whoever we are talking to, or do they get easily restless and seem distracted and disinterested? Do we over-explain, hem and haw, and crowd our sentences with "like" and "uh" and "you know?" Do we say what we mean and get to the point or do we talk in circles? Are we sarcastic? How is our tone?
     Let's take note of the way we speak and make improvement. Let's choose our words with care and purpose and not litter the world with talk just for talks sake. The world, it seems to me, is already littered enough.

I pay attention to the way I talk to others and how they respond to me, and I make adjustments where they are needed.