*

*
*

Thursday, July 25, 2013

CLEAN LIVING

     I used to think that I needed to drink in order to relax, to celebrate, to be comfortably social, and to have fun. But the effects of drinking always had a cost for me, and I think they do for most people. Alcohol creates a need in us, and a false sense of promise and dependency, but rather than delivering on its promise, alcohol always seems to rob us of something. We think we're so clever after a few drinks, but generally speaking, we're not. More often, we become see-through fools.
     The best relaxation and celebration and good times I know are alcohol free. There's no hangover and no guilt and no dull fuzz. I experience the real blessings of things instead of seeing and understanding them through the haze of booze.

I don't need a drink. My life is better beyond compare when I am alcohol free.