*

*
*

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

EXCUSES GALORE

"If you don't want to do something, one excuse is as good as another."
~Yiddish Proverb~
 
Some people spend the energy they could use to change their life making excuses instead. We suggest one possibility after another and they shut each one down systematically. They are expert at expounding all the reasons why things are miserable but cannot change.
     The only thing to do with such people is to listen and smile and wish them well. Their life, as it stands, is serving them in some way that we cannot understand, and perhaps they can't either, but the bottom line truth is that they are not ready to take the first step out of the bog they're in.
     Change is always possible if we want it badly enough. The only real place we are stuck is in our minds.

I stop trying to help people that have no interest in self-improvement. I let them be and send them love. I have had times in my life when I wasn't willing to change either.