*

*
*

Monday, November 25, 2013

THANKSGIVING TRAVELING WEATHER

"Ultimately, there can be no complete healing until we have restored our primal trust in life." ~Georg Feuerstein~
 
Nasty weather threatens to interfere with Thanksgiving Holiday travel plans. It is obvious to me that I can't control icy rain and strong winds, but I feel frustrated by the promise of these things nonetheless. And I understand the need for flexibility and acceptance, because nothing can be known or certain until it actually happens, and yet I want my assurances. I feel done-to without them.
     I invoke good nature in myself, and the trust that all will be as it is meant to be. If expected people are not able to come for the sake of their own well-being and safety, their presence will be missed, but the higher good will be served.
     Just because I want things to go a certain way according to my plans and preparations does not mean that is the best way for them to go. Sometimes the most disappointing situations end up being the most instructive. Not getting my way allows me to learn surrender and letting go and trust in the big picture, even if I can't see it from where I stand.

I am willing to be flexible with things that don't turn out exactly the way I planned.