*

*
*

Sunday, November 3, 2013

THE POWER OF BELIEF

"In the end you regret less the things you believed that weren't true than the things that never came true because you didn't believe."
~Robert Brault~

In order for our lives to be rich and fulfilled, we have to believe in something- in love or beauty or nature or God; in hope or progress or fate- in something. Without belief we are without purpose, and without meaning or relativity or importance. We are lost in space.
     In the universe of my beliefs I am both insignificant and powerful beyond measure; a pinprick of light and a torrential downpour of rain; tiny and enormous, naïve and wise. I am the perfect mix of human and divine.

I believe in something bigger than my limited human experience and that belief gives me power and endless hope.