*

*
*

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

POW WOW AROUND THE TABLE

"Give thanks for the unknown blessings already on their way."
~Native American Saying~

I have always felt as if I have a little American Indian in me, and maybe we all do in a way. And whether the age-old story of the Indians and Pilgrims coming together to share in the fruits of the harvest is true or not, it's still a good story.
     Let's enjoy the bounty of life with all those we encounter this Thanksgiving-Time. Let's pow-wow around the table and send up prayers of celebration and appreciation. Let's be tolerant and grateful and easy-going. Let's leave our arrows and hatchets at the door and savor delicious tastes and aromas in the company of those with whom we don't regularly break bread.

I open my heart to the blessings of life and good food.