*

*
*

Monday, June 6, 2011

CHANGING LIGHT

     I find the changing light of days to be one of the most soothing and powerful invitations to pleasure that exist, and the most readily accessible. I am carried by the changing angles of the sun and shadows, dawn and light rising, morning brightness and glare shifting seamlessly into noontime blasting, and then the slow progression back into softness as the sun lowers and the afternoon idles past. My body lets go levels at a time as the days brightness dissolves into the comfort of dusk and the cover of darkness.
     Revolving suns and moons are a blessing and a tool for energy regulation and spiritual renewal. I am grateful for all of the subtle shifts in light. It is a constant reminder, as well, that we are all of us shifting and cycling from brightness to dusk, from crisp freshness to murky mist, from noontime to midnight. We are related to the cycles of the sky. We reflect each other. And the sunrise always comes.
    
I will bring awareness to the light today, and appreciate the way it moves and changes. I will notice the light around me, and the light within me as well.