*

*
*

Monday, March 19, 2012

WHO'S AFRAID OF THE BIG BAD WOLF?

     What is the condition of our foundation? Are our lives built on straw, or wood, or hearty red bricks? Are we grounded in stone, or susceptible to any rough wind or storm that wants to blow us away? Are we rooted in God? In health? In how much we own? In the lives of our parents or our children? Are we living vicariously through someone else? Do we know who we are and what we value? Are we true to ourselves? Or do we live a lie? Do we live many lies?
     Do we live in fear? In faith? Do we believe in scarcity or abundance? In guilt and shame or love and forgiveness? Are we friendly? Cheerful? Loving? Tolerant? Are we negative? Dark? Critical? Are we snobs? Do we live well? Sleep well? Act rightly? How could we improve our lives?
     Our foundations matter. It is from our foundations that we rise or crumble. Are we solid and strong, or do we need to shore up and do some rebuilding?

I consider how I have chosen to lay down my roots and in what soil I am grounded. I have choices about the way I grow.